If you love bacon as much as I do, you’re probably constantly thinking of new ways of enjoying it. I woke up on a Sunday morning craving bacon. I had been in Asia for a month, and while they have bacon over there, it’s just not the same as the good ol’ Canadian bacon we have over here.
I logged in to Twitter (yes, that’s what I usually do the moment I wake up) and saw my friend Richard had posted a picture of the bacon-wrapped eggs that he had just made. I wanted to eat my phone at that moment, but instead I headed to the kitchen on a mission to make this magical breakfast happen.
Ingredients (serves 1 to 8 depending on how much you love bacon):
1 package bacon
1 box of eggs
Shredded cheddar, crumbled goat cheese, or any cheese you like (I used cheddar and parmesan)
Chopped herbs such as chives, dill, thyme
1. On medium heat, fry bacon on a skillet until slightly browned on each side, but still pliable – don’t let them get crispy
2. Drain on paper towels and let cool
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
4. Line muffin cups (or ramekins) with bacon slices, making sure to cover the bottom too (tear off chunks of bacon to fill the bottom)
5. Crack an egg into each cup
6. Add cheese on top
7. Sprinkle with herbs, salt and freshly cracked pepper
8. Bake until set, approx 15 min (10-12 minutes if you prefer your eggs slightly runnier)
9. Carefully run a spoon around each to loosen from the cup and remove
If you’re a visual learner, here’s the video set to some smooth grooves.