Movember is an annual, month-long event involving the growing of moustaches during the month of November to raise awareness of prostate cancer and other male cancer initiatives. Prostate cancer affects 1 in 7 males, so there’s a good chance that in your lifetime, someone you know will get it. Since 2004, the Movember Foundation has raised over $174-million worldwide. As of 2011 Canadians were the largest contributors to the Movember charities of any nation.
It’s my third year supporting Movember, and I’m in the process of growing a disgusting moustache. It was pretty disgusting last year, as I had the genetic fortitude to grow handlebars. Something that I had never attempted, and probably never will again. Anyways I think a sleazy greasy Euro ‘stache suits me much better. LOL
We’re running 2 contests:
1) CONTEST #1 – Donate a minimum of $5 to either one of our Movember pages (http://mobro.co/MoPangs or http://mosista.co/maypang). All donors are automatically entered into a draw for a styled haircut at JD Barbershop in Gastown ($35 value). Want to up your chances? Donate to both of our pages. Keep in mind that 100% of your donations go to Prostate Cancer Canada. So you’re supporting a great cause. At the end of the month, we’ll randomly draw one winner for the styled haircut.
2) CONTEST #2 – Comment on this blog post and tell us why you support Movember. The prize? A hot shave from JD Barbershop ($35 value), a custom-tailored dress shirt from my new venture, Raffinatto ($59 value*), and a $50 Gift Card from Metropolis at Metrotown. Total prize package worth $144. How nice would it be to get a nice hot barbershop shave, get a made-to-measure dress shirt, and have some spending cash at the mall? And for the ladies, this would be a fantastic Christmas present for that special man in your life.
- You get one entry for commenting on this blog post. (required)
- You get a bonus entry for tweeting: “#Movember Contest: Win a @Raffinatto tailored shirt, $50GC @MetropolisatMet, & hot shave @JDbarbershop from @Pangcouver http://bit.ly/QjHYXN”
- You get a bonus entry for ‘Liking’ Raffinatto’s Facebook page.
Here’s a video on Movember’s impact on awareness: