With the holiday season now upon us, it’s easy to get lost in the hustle and bustle, and forget about those less fortunate around us. The Egg Farmers of Canada certainly do not fall into that category, as they’ve been donating more than one million eggs each year for the past two decades to community food banks across Canada. Eggs might be a staple in our fridges that we take for granted, but for many hungry people, they rely on the contributions of organizations and individuals to help give back to their communities.
This past week, Egg Farmers of Canada partnered with celebrity chef Lynn Crawford to surprise food bank volunteers with a nutritious and delicious holiday breakfast with some of Chef Lynn’s favourite recipes. Check out their reaction in this video:
This holiday season, please remember those less fortunate and support your local food banks. To get you inspired, we’ve shared our one of our favourite egg recipes. Leave a comment below and let us know what your favourite egg recipe is, or feel free to post it on social media using the hashtag #RecipesThatGive.
Ham & Cheese Cloud Eggs
- 4 large eggs
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/4 lb. deli ham, chopped
- 3 tbsp. finely chopped fresh chives, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450° and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Separate egg whites and egg yolks, placing the egg whites in a large bowl and the yolks in a small bowl.
- Season the egg whites with salt and pepper. Using a whisk or a hand mixer, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in Parmesan, ham, and chives. Create 4 mounds of egg whites on the prepared baking sheet and indent the centers of each to look like nests.
- Bake until slightly golden, about 3 minutes.
- Carefully add an egg yolk to the center of each egg white cloud. Season yolk with salt and pepper.
- Bake until the yolks are just set, about 3 minutes more.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Egg Farmers of Canada. All thoughts and opinions are our own.